By Antonio L. Sapienza, Dan Hagedorn
Greater than a hundred and fifty by no means prior to released illustrations, complimented via an exhaustively researched textual content, record the little-known air struggle among Bolivia and Paraguay throughout the overdue Nineteen Twenties and early Nineteen Thirties. complete info of such airplane as Fiat C.R. 20s, Curtiss Hawk IIs, Curtiss Ospreys, Potez 25s and all different forms hired by way of either warring parties, together with acquisition, operations, and markings make this a needs to for historians, modelers, and somebody attracted to golden-age aviation.
An imperative source for scientists and engineers concerned about excessive vacuum technology
Vacuum expertise has advanced considerably during the last thirty years and is now crucial to varied fields of medical learn in addition to the clinical know-how, meals processing, aerospace, and electronics industries.
Foundations of Vacuum technological know-how and know-how bargains a finished survey of the actual and chemical rules underlying the creation, dimension, and use of excessive vacuums. It additionally presents a worthwhile serious survey of vital advancements that experience happened within the box during the last a number of decades.
Comprising contributions from the various world's best experts in vacuum innovations, Foundations of Vacuum technological know-how and Technology:
* stories the legislation of kinetics, the foundations of fuel circulation over a variety of pressures, and the behaviors of either compressible and turbulent flows
* beneficial properties exhaustive insurance of vacuum pump expertise, together with liquid ring pumps, dry pumps, faster pumps, getter pumps, and cryo pumps
* Describes leak detectors utilized in industry
* Examines all kinds of strain size concepts, together with the most recent quadrupole mass spectrometer thoughts for partial strain analysis
* Explores the state-of-the-art in calibration and criteria.
Outfitted and operated in huge numbers through the British Royal Flying Corps in the course of WWI. Used as combatants, reconnaissance plane, artillery spotters & bombers. Over a hundred images, forty element drawings, 2 pages of scale drawings, thirteen full-color work. 50 pages.
By Wayne Mutza
This informative and lengthy late account presents a unprecedented quantity of perception into the Neptune's long historical past, starting with its inception in the course of international battle II to the current day survivors. Lockheed's Neptune was once the 1st airplane designed exc