By Mike Morris
Useful and available, this dictionary is designed to enlighten these newly engaged in anthropological learn or looking a brief consultant to the sector.
- Fills a necessity for a beginner’s pocket consultant to the far-reaching and intricate box of anthropology, together with over 800 targeted entries and the highbrow heritage of terms
- Written in undeniable, jargon-free language, for readers with no large history within the field
- Features short, conceptual definitions of phrases, bibliographical references to anthropological classics, similar works for historical past studying and extra research
- The common structure contains daring phrases featured in different places within the booklet, large cross-references, and indexes of names, peoples, areas and subjects
- Incorporates similar terminology from allied fields equivalent to sociology, economics and geography
Read or Download Concise Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology PDF
Best Cultural books
Excellent for any cultural anthropology direction, this short number of ethnographic case stories exposes scholars to fifteen assorted cultures. The teams chosen are peoples whose conventional cultures are uniquely their very own. each one has specified styles and practices; each one has confronted the problem of an encroaching international, with differing effects.
In anthropology, a box that's identified for its severe area and highbrow agility, few books be capable of retain either ancient price and modern relevance. Roy Wagner's the discovery of tradition, initially released in 1981, is one. Wagner breaks new floor by way of arguing that tradition arises from the dialectic among the person and the social international.
Via available language and candid discussions, Storytelling for Social Justice explores the tales we inform ourselves and every different approximately race and racism in our society. Making feel of the racial structures expressed during the language and pictures we come upon each day, this publication presents recommendations for constructing a extra serious realizing of the way racism operates culturally and institutionally in our society.
Extra info for Concise Dictionary of Social and Cultural Anthropology